We’re always on the lookout for some
Fresh Meat Training will be held:
April 11, 18, 24 (Sunday)
May 2, 9, 16
This training is comprehensive, intense, and will ensure your commitment while having fun. Our very own Danger Jane, Rockie Revolver, and RIP ‘er ANewOne will be running the show, feel free to contact them with any questions.
How to get started
- Send an email to email@example.com and let us know that you are interested and ask questions. You will be connected with one of our recruitment committee members (Danger Jane, Rockie Revolver or Ripper ANewOne) and will be guided into the steps you need to take.
- Come watch a practice either Tuesday at 6pm or Thursday at 6pm at the Chaffee County Fairgrounds. We practice in the back warehouse building situated to the right of the main fairgrounds building. If you arrive after 6pm, you will need to knock on the door to get in as they are all in need of a key/code to enter.
- Ask skaters questions, find out about gear, and figure out if you want to give it a shot!
- Get your gear together and join us!
- Recruitment is always open but we will begin newbie training in Spring 2016. If you are unable to attend at that time, you can still come and attend training after it has begun.
What are the Requirements?
*You must be 18 or older
*You must be female to join the league as a skater. Officials may skate either in Quads or Rollerblades. Volunteers need not wear skates.
*You must skate in quads (i.e. no rollerblades)
*You must attend a minimum of 2 practices a week
*It is helpful to have your own gear (quad roller skates, helmet, mouth-guard, knee pads, elbow pads and wrist guards). There is a limited amount of gear that you may borrow while at the fairgrounds. These items are first come fist serve.
If you do not meet ALL of these requirements, there still are plenty of opportunities for you to be involved. We need volunteers for a number of positions such as refs, non-skating officiants (NSO) and more!